Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I'm On The Pursuit of Hoopiness and I Know Everything That Shine Ain't Always Gonna Be Gold. Hey I'll Be Fine Once I Get It, Yeah, I'll Be Good

Yesterday was a good way to kick off the summer. Solstice was over the weekend, and now that we are in the best part of the year I feel super grateful, and feel full of summer time excitement. 

Skye and Keith had a photo shoot out in Wendling, an old mill town that has been abandoned since the 50's. There are old building, and free standing old structures consumed with old-growth amongst the forest Northeast of Marcola.

While Skye and Keith worked with Sam King, and Mirandi Davidson, two of the models that have been featured in the Baby's of the Northwest calendar that is put out every year by Radiance Photographics, I walked Juliet around.

After a good portion of the shooting was done, Keith and I were able to get a little more hooping footage-- this time using one of my LED hoops I was unable to use while camping. It was so much fun, however since I am the a giant wiener, having Keith direct me in climbing onto one of the old structures to hoop was scary.

To be honest, my anxiety over heights made the experience something else. Even though I really wasn't very high up, and I had enough space to do some tricks-- I felt really dizzy, and nervous about moving around. I trust Keith when he says he got some good shots, but felt really silly over my inability to perform the way I wanted to on camera.

We also got a couple good clips of me on the edge of a cement wall. I did a little better in that space clearing good hand to foot passes, a few tosses, and moving a little more freely.

I am so excited to see the next video Keith puts together. It is a wonderful blessing being able to work on these types of projects, and I love working with my friends, who just happen to be artists too. And, honestly, the more I do it, despite my weight gain-- I feel healthy, strong, sexy, and good.

Hooping is still providing a positive, safe space for me to love myself and my body unabashedly. And, I can't think of a more wonderful tool to get you by in life.

After Skye and Keith were done shooting pictures, and things quieted down, and there weren't any people present-- Skye, Keith, Miranda, Juliet, and I were all able to strip down and enjoy the great outdoors, swim, and be varying different levels of nude without feeling ashamed or embarrassed, because it was only us there.

It was freeing, wonderful. And, oh, so Oregon.

Today, I've felt motivated and inspired watching my friends' work. When Skye and Keith first started Radiance Photographics things were slow-going. Skye worked her ass off nailing down gigs for them, and watching their business blossom, along side the e-courses I've been taking from Sarah Jordan, I have felt empowered!

I sat down today with a To Do List and I started doing.

I contacted different venues for selling Buckleberry Hoops. I met with a few clients, and sold two hoops. I practiced for my upcoming performance for the Festival of Eugene, emailed a woman I've been talking to about doing private lessons for, asked Skye if I can send in one of the hooping on Hobbit Trails Beach as a submission for hooping.org, started the preliminary plans for the next Flow Jam we'll be hosting and Bradford and I talked a lot about me learning to delegate a little more of Buckleberry Hoops' responsibilities to him, and his role as my new business partner.

There are some days I feel like I am adulting pretty good; I can balance my day job with my personal business, help manage a household with my partner, be an okay friend, be in love, and pseudo play responsible.

And, when we were ending today, I choose to be relatively healthy-- using things I had on hand I was able to create this masterpiece:
Zoodle Goodness
I was lucky to have two zucchini in the house, and from there it was just a matter of being creative. Bradford bought me this little handy toy a while back when it was on sale for $4.97 on Amazon Prime, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

It takes no time at all to make "noodles"

Two Zukes
I found some broccoli and basil pesto in my freezer from when we received our food box. And, after finding some left-over fresh onion and tomato in my fridge, and added in a hand-full of cashews I felt like I had made a complete meal-- vegetarian, gluten free, healthy, inexpensive.
Steamed after being in the fridge, and chilling to be put in the zoodles
Thank you, FOOD for Lane County

Nom!
The recipe ended up being something like: Two Zuchinni zoodled up, 2 Tablespoon pesto, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, palm full of cashews, slivered onion and diced tomato (to your liking), and a little salt and pepper to taste.

You could also add bacon, if you needed it. No judgement.

Anyways, I am going to end this with some random finds on my crappy, old point and shoot :)


Outside Swisshome just West of Triangle Lake
Sweet Creek Falls in Mapleton, Oregon
My man enjoying some Oregon (it's kinda a rarity since he's allergic to Oregon)
My favorite two year old in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment